A blog can significantly help out your website. Citing lack of time or limited ideas for posts just won’t cut it – every business needs a blog!
An established blog with frequently added content will be spidered by Google often, and could even end up ranking #1 in Google for relevant phrases the same day as posting. Even blogs with a new post just every week or two, so don‘t look at your blog like a major undertaking. Just commit a minimum amount of time per week, and watch the results kick in.
Here are some very good reasons you need a blog:
– Blogs can get you rankings on long tailed search phrases.
– Blogs can get you increased traffic.
– Blogs can add credibility to your website and/or service or product.
– Blogs can bring you new customers.
– Blogs can increase your visibility.
– Blogs can allow you to share a social presence even if your website is technical I nature.
– Blogs can bring in free links.
– Blogs can gain you the respect of others in your field.
WordPress is a powerful platform and easy to use. The plug-ins available to help you are many, and the options available and support forums are there in case you get stuck or have trouble with customization issues.
Things to blog about include but are not limited to:
– Launches of new products or services
– Press releases or industry relevant news
– About pages, FAQs and How to’s related to your product or service
– Detailed answers to or spin offs from reader comments
– Posts SEOd for relevant long tailed phrases
– Detailed product, service or tool descriptions, reviews and / or tutorials
– Company history, customer testimonials, or interesting stories
Once you start to blog, you will see your rankings slowly climb. Just be consistent – even if you can only commit to a biweekly post, make sure it gets done. You can even write content once a month and set it to post at regular intervals.