Get Updates Via Email


  • SEO Recap – Search Ingine Indexes

    Getting indexed fast in the search engines is the first step to getting your fledgling website off the ground. Most of search engine optimization efforts you engage in will bear fruit only when your website is indexed by search engines. Being indexed in search engines is not the same as getting good search rankings; it’s more like the initial step.  Your website will feature in the search results only after the search engine bots crawl your website. After crawling, the search bots will store the information about your website in the search engines’  databases. When a relevant search query is made, your website will be displayed as part of the listings. Once you are indexed, you can work on moving your ranking up.

    A to Z   Index page

    GET INDEXED! You can’t afford to wait.

    Most of the major search engines do not expect you to submit your website to their search engines; they can find you automatically if you have a link pointed to your site from anywhere else on the web that is already indexed. However, there are some search engines which require you to submit your website to their database and still other search engines that have paid submissions. Though there are hundreds of search engines,different ones will have different amounts of traffic and will rank you differently, contributing their piece to your website’s success.

    Approximately 70% of online searchers use  Google. The remaining 30% is distributed amongst hundreds of other search engines, including Bing, Yahoo (now powered my MSN), AOL, Alexa, and Alta Vista. Google is of tremendous importance to your website, and your initial indexing efforts should aim to get indexed in Google first to tap into that 70% of online visibility. Of course, you should strive to keep your website friendly to all major search engines by following the guidelines laid out for you.

    Use indexing long with all the other strategies including social book marking techniques, one way niche links from forums, article marketing, and online directories to get yourself indexed in Google and in other top search engines. Remember, search engines may avoid your website if you don’t provide them with friendly website architecture, refined coding, friendly URLs, and crawlable HTML content. Don’t get carried away and build an all FLASH website!

    There is no specific timeline for Google to index your website. Some websites may get indexed on the second day after their launch and some websites won’t get indexed even after three weeks. Even when Google indexes your website, your ranking will be at the bottom of the heap initially and the rank will improve gradually. If your website does not get indexed in the search engines after a reasonable time, then you must consult experienced SEO company to help you get indexed in the major search engines – you have likely made some sort of basic error that is keeping search engine bots away.

    Enhance the chances of getting indexed fast by working on carefully building your site and linking back to it from highly respected, high traffic and higher PageRank sources.

Leave a Reply

Recent Posts

Share Now Facebook
Share Now Pinterest
Share Now LinkedIn
Share Now Google+">
Follow by Email